On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 17:44:37 UTC, Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Is this where I talk about hierarchical logging?

There was some talk in the original review thread about having each log import create or tag the log with the module, so one could refer to and filter by modules. In java land you get a logger instance per class, in a tree based on package hierarchy, and can then configure output levels differently for various places in the hierarchy - very useful (esp. with
runtime configuration).

While discussing the proper way to namespace/import logger, can you make it
such that doing so gives hierarchical logging?

Replacing `import log = std.logger` with something like this:

```
import std.logger.modulelog;
auto log = new ModuleLogger;
```

should do the trick as far as I understand the current design - this assumes that module/package name filters are implemented as static ModuleLogger fields.