On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 19:41:19 UTC, Joakim wrote:
Yeah, that's a feed of D-related posts by people who already have their own blogs, whereas I'm asking about having an official blog on dlang.org and how much interest there is from others to contribute to one.

To be honest, even if the only contribution was to announce releases, I think it would be worthwhile. It would also be good to announce conferences, and major upcoming changes or forum discussions.

I think evangelistic articles that show off the language are better on personal blogs. There's too much inherent bias on an official blog for it to carry weight there.