On Wednesday, 16 July 2014 at 20:11:22 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
I think it's kinda ridiculous that D embedded code will only be usable
with strong optimization flags, but whatever.

Do you have numbers? Transitive volatility implies you planned to do very complex things in embedded. If optimizations are so critical, how do you know if complex code can work without them due to its sheer complexity even if typeinfos were removed somehow?