On Friday, 25 July 2014 at 19:08:07 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
I've written about this before, but here's the summary:
There will be a comment thread on every single function in the standard library where people will say whatever they want and we can't stop them ahead of time.

- Anything they could possibly post there that's legitimately worth having would be better off canonised in the docs in the first place.
- Any questions they ask would be better asked on D.learn.
- Any other post may be subtly incorrect, previously correct, incredibly unsafe, correct with caveats, or a multitude of other shades of wrong.
- Everything else is noise.

Agreed. I find the idea of having the official docs cluttered with comments from literally anyone who could say anything (correct or not) to be a terrible idea.

- Jonathan M Davis