On Friday, 25 July 2014 at 17:32:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Why? I don't have much context but a few people I talked to were positive
about the community contribution to php docs. -- Andrei

I find the php comments useful when I have to use the docs. It isn't about correctness, it is about gotchas and potential work-arounds. No worse than stack overflow.

There is noise, but it makes no difference at the bottom of the page. People are also more likely to comment there than submitting a formal complaint about errors in the docs.