On Saturday, 26 July 2014 at 23:42:33 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On the topic of professional growth, I was asked this week in a work meeting what I think I can do for mine.... and I didn't really have an answer.

Maybe this is arrogant or whatever, but my view is that I'm kinda maxed out as a programmer. Sure, there's a handful of specific things (like framework method names) I don't know and some concepts I don't know the names of, but as for like revolutionary new lessons, I don't think I've actually learned anything like that directly related to programming for a pretty long time.

Then I was asked what about team dynamics and stuff... but even there, I've been doing this a pretty long time now. You know what I spend most my time talking about with my programming co-worker? Recipe swapping and church stuff. And I don't mean D Cookbook recipes, i mean stuff like baking bread and pies. We're both pretty good at our day jobs and tend to be on the same page on work related stuff more often than not anyway.

How's your mathematics and numerical analysis? There are always new horizons.