On Saturday, 26 July 2014 at 23:42:33 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
Maybe this is arrogant or whatever, but my view is that I'm kinda maxed out as a programmer. Sure, there's a handful of specific things (like framework method names) I don't know and some concepts I don't know the names of, but as for like revolutionary new lessons, I don't think I've actually learned anything like that directly related to programming for a pretty long time.

Really? I've realized a long time ago that there is more to learn than can possibly be internalized. Now, books that label themselves as programming books are not the best source. You need more narrow sources.

Even a narrow field as computer graphics is way too big to master fully. Then you have logic programming languages / database engines, constraints programming, term rewriting, concurrency, verifiable programming, a plethora of event based programming paradigms, AI...

And then you can move on to philosophies of different types of modelling, semantics etc.

Even in basic web pogramming things are getting complex: efficient scalable modelling on nosql databases, how to get the best split between server client on modern browsers, how to utilize the various engines in the browser...