On Monday, 28 July 2014 at 09:16:44 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:

You said you don't like it and you were heard the first time

I'm speaking the truth which often hurts.

Yes and I don't see w0rp running off and sulking about it either.

Your problem is you are not able to take any criticism whatsoever against this piece of work. The design is awful, period.

I have nothing against you personally and i think it's good that you are initiating this effort but the design is the first thing that should be addressed and in no way be an afterthought. I apologise if i sound terse but usually in my line of work shoddy efforts have to be address upfront and with prejudice.

w0rp et. al. have asked for your contributions in art/design because you say you know how to do a better job.

The very first thing you should of done is to create mockups (in photoshop, etc) of what each page should look like and make sure the design can accommodate all the content. Once the design is approved then implement the site. The backend is inconsequential, use whatever you are comfortable with. Vibe.d, LAMP it doesn't matter. Users don't care about the backend. What matters is the user experience (especially within the documentation) and that is what should be addressed in a thoughtful professional matter. This is not optional or something that should be done along the way.

Stating something is crap in a volunteer project is useless unless you can follow it up with something equally useful.

For an engineer you sound just like our marketing team at work: Always ready to produce some warm and fuzzy ideas but light on the specifics and actual work.

/uri