On 7/30/2014 10:16 PM, bearophile wrote:
Walter Bright:
Show me a piece of code with different behavior. Start with the array bounds
thing.
People have already shown you code that behaves differently with assert and
assume.

I'd like to see what you are saying is different in a real example.

But you have redefined "assert" to mean a mix of assume and assert.

I haven't redefined anything. It's always been that way. It's used that way in C/C++ (see your Microsoft C++ link).

So before me answering you have to switch back to use the common definition of
assert().

I'm asking what your notion of what assert and assume are, and how that would affect the array bounds checking example.