On 08/02/2014 12:03 AM, Chris Cain wrote:
On Friday, 1 August 2014 at 22:01:01 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
You will notice it uses the word 'assertion' in a way that is
incompatible with your claim that the "assert definition" rules out
such an usage.

How so? It's an article on evidence. All it seems to suggest is that
evidence can be used to back up assertions, not that all assertions must
be backed up by evidence. Assertions are a statement of fact or belief
and can be backed up with evidence. No incompatibility there.

"contradictory assertions"

"To what degree of certitude must the assertion be supported?"

etc.

I'll not go into more details because I actually intend not to participate again in heated debate after already having shown strong evidence.