On 8/6/2014 8:18 AM, David Bregman wrote:

This appears to be the root of the argument, and has been circled
repeatedly... it's not my intent to restart another round of
discussion on
that well traveled ground, I just wanted to state my support for the
definition as I understand it.

I disagree. I don't think the fact that some people already had the new
definition in mind before is really all that relevant. That's in the
past. This is all about the pros and cons of changing it now and for the
future.

You keep going on the premise that your definition is the intended definition. I completely disagree. My understanding of assert has always been as Walter has described it. To me, *that* is the existing definition and yours is completely new. Nothing is being changed. He's just talking about starting to take advantage of it as he has always intended to.

---
is active.