On Thursday, 21 August 2014 at 15:36:41 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:27:46 +0000
MacAsm via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

Any thoughts? I don't know if I'm missing something but two functions (and not methods) with same name is very bad.
they doing much the same, but for different character sets. two
different names will just confuse users.

you can use fully qualified names and/or local imports to use exactly
what you want. something like:

  void myFunc (char ch) {
    import std.ascii;
    if (std.ascii.isAlpha(ch)) ...
  }

local imports rocks! ;-)

It's useful advice. But the only problem that I experience from time to time that local imports become source of linker error that are not very easy to find. But language descision for this is good and I like it a lot!