It would be nice to have integers treated separately to doubles. I know it makes the number parsing simpler to just treat everything as double, but still, it could be annoying when you expect an integer type.

I'd also like to see some benchmarks, particularly against some of the high performance C++ parsers, i.e. rapidjson, gason, sajson. Or even some of the "not bad" performance parsers with better APIs, i.e. QJsonDocument, jsoncpp and jsoncons (slow but perhaps comparable interface to this proposal?).