On Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:40:35 +0000
bearophile via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> > and that is why my "local D" diverges more and more from
> > "mainline D".
> This is a bad idea, it leads to an increase of your
> dissatisfaction, until you stop using D :-(
no, it just leads me to being isolated ('cause "my" D still able to
compile any "mainline D" code, and "mainline D" is unable to compile
mine code). but "being isolated" is the thing i used to for decades.

this makes me happier too, 'cause i have a better language to write
*my* code. my dissatisfaction increases when i see legacy and
"anti-human" in "mainline D" which is not going to be fixed. there i
have only two choises: either become more and more frustrated and drop D
or fix that at least in "my D" and be happy. i chose second way.

'cause i don't want to go back to C or C++: i can't live without
template magic, mixins, CTFE, UFCS and other D wonders anymore! ;-)

and i don't mind keeping my patches up-to-date: it's not hard and even
fun sometimes.