On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 15:09:27 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
It is not about D community but about yourself. Do _you_ want to be viewed as a valuable member of community? Do _you_ want to receive on topic responses to your threads?

I only want to receive a response on this thread from community members who are willing to share their patches! Your contribution to this thread is counter productive.

Ketmar is a noble example that I'd encourage others to follow. More people like him would bring D out of stagnation.

If answer is yes, you will consider people expectation as much as a license.

No, I don't consider other people's disparage expectations on this topic. I consider the orignal author's choice of license. I am sure he considered the licensing-options and stands for his own choice. If he does not, then an explanation from the original author is in place.

We add to the eco system. We don't detract from it.

Bullshit. Any kind of forking wastes most valuable resource open source world can possibly have - developer attention.

Uhm, no. I would not use D in it's current incarnation so I need to modify it. Ketmar and I are not DMD developers. We are currently digging into the code base. Modifying the parser is a good way to learn the AST. Maybe we one day will become DMD developers, but this attitude you and others are exposing in this thread and the bug-report-patch thread aint sexy. It's a turn off.

What you are doing is telling prospective contributors that this community is about cohesive military discipline. Totalitarian regimes tend to run into trouble. I most definitely will never join a cult that expose it as an ideal. I'm not one of your lieutenants. Sorry.