On Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 02:14:39 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
This is getting to be (or rather, *continuing* to be) a royal PITA:

https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/673

I don't mean to pick on Vibe.d in particular, but can we have a solution (that doesn't involve obscure corners of druntime, or demanding everyone use the same build system) for running our unittests *without* triggering a cascading avalanche of unittests from ALL third party libs that don't cooperate with the [frankly] quite clumsy version(mylib_unittests) hack?!

My opinion stays the same - it is good reliable default and should stay that way. And yes, I absolutely hate when libraries do version(mylib_unittest) hacks forcing me to bother with millions of versions to enable them back.

Simple solutions is to provide alternative unit test runner module as part of Phobos which does the module/package filtering.