Am 11.09.2014 14:38, schrieb Andrey Lifanov:
Hello everyone! Being a C/C++ programmer I don't understand, why such
language as D (system programming language) implemented garbage
collector as a core feature, not as additional optional module or
library. I and many other C/C++ programmers prefer to control things
manually and use flexible allocation schemes that suitable for concrete
situations. When every nanosecond matters, this is the only option, at
least nowadays.

Since the mid-70's there are system programming languages with GC.

Namely Algol 68(IFIP), Mesa/Cedar (Xerox), Modula-3 (Olivetti), Oberon (ETHZ) and a few others.

They just happened to be married to OSes that weren't as successful as UNIX jumping out of the research labs into the industry.

It is about time systems programming catches up with the 70's innovations outside of the PDP-11 world.

--
Paulo