OK so I'm 1h in now. The guy is explaining slices in a languages that look like C or C++. But discarded D at the beginning because it is too close to C/C++.

Also I love how he keeps mentioning that adding debug support is easy.

His ! stuff looks interesting, but I guess this is already being discussed in D with uniqueness.

I also love the passage where he mention that you have strings everywhere, and you duplicate them and so on, and that you can a system to unique them and manage memory, but that would be crazy complicated. The obvious question that come to mind: what does he think a compiler does ?

OK now using pointer and value type via dot.

1h20 he is on nullable vs non nullable. According to him this is not an issue, but stats say otherwise. Still want to look into it. Not sure what is his point on that one.

He then goes on concurrency and make some very good points here but he doesn't look like he has anything to propose :(

1h25 annotate, serialize, introspect.

1h25 good point about build. All build system I've used so far sucks. But no solution.

At the end, I kind of agree on the problems, but the solution he mention already exists, and when they do not (or I think they do not) he don't have anything to propose.

1h30 now he is talking about CTFE and code generation...

What I take out of this, is that something like unique/isolated or whatever is key, and the memory mapping optimization is nice but probably realizable in D using code generation. But creating a new language instead of participating in existing ones seem very misguided and he does seems to realize how hard it is to create a language.