Marco Leise:

The extent of what borrowing solves is really yaw dropping
when you read the list of use cases and I will surely add
scope to every function argument that it applies to (and
already do that), because it makes it verifiable safe to call
with any pointer type, be it ARC, GC or stack. I consider that
more important than const or pure.

I consider the tracking of memory ownership more important for D than the whole reference counting discussions (despite the two topics are partially linked). Because it's a correctness issue (and will also lead to some performance improvements too).

Bye,
bearophile