On 29/09/2014 10:06, Walter Bright wrote:
On 9/29/2014 1:27 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
In a daemon which logs to syslog or in a GUI application or a game an
uncaught 'disk full exception' would go completely unnoticed and that's
definitely a bug.

Failure to respond properly to an input/environmental error is a bug.
But the input/environmental error is not a bug. If it was, then the
program should assert on the error, not throw.

I agree. And isn't that exactly what Teoh said then:
"That's why I said, an uncaught exception is a BUG. "

I think people should be more careful with the term "uncaught exception" because it's not very precise.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros