On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 18:20:36 UTC, Philippe Sigaud via Digitalmars-d wrote:
I did that during this summer, almost to the point it was
self-sustained (that is, the GLL parser generator was used to generate a parser for grammars files). I chose a range interface: input is a
string, the parse forest is output as a range of parse trees.

Nice! Is it public? Github?

Halas, even with some shortcuts on Kleene stars it was quite slow. I tried to use threads (spawning worker threads on alternatives), but
that did not change the timings much.

AFAIK, multithreading is a bad idea in parsing.

Actually, in the gll-combinators Scala project they have similar speed problems. I don't if it's a fundamental algorithm problem or an implementation details that lead to slowdowns.