Tom S wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:
Tom S wrote:
Thus my suggestion of adding an option to DMD so it may emit template instances to all object files that use them. If anyone has alternative ideas, I'd be glad to hear them, because I'm running out of options.

Try compiling with -lib, which will put each template instance into its own obj file.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it's a no-go since -lib seems to have the same issue that compiling without -op does - if you have multiple modules with the same name (but different packages), one will overwrite the other in the lib.

To clarify, this is not the only issue with -lib. The libs would either have to be expanded into objects or static ctors would not run. And why extract them if -multiobj already generates them extracted?

--
Tomasz Stachowiak
http://h3.team0xf.com/