Tom S wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:
I don't really understand why the -lib approach is not working for your needs.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the -lib approach". Just how do you exactly apply it to incremental compilation? If my project has a few hundred modules and I change just one line in one function, I don't want to rebuild it with -lib all again. I thought you were referring to the proof-of-concept incremental build tool I posted yesterday which used -multiobj, as it should be possible to optimize it using -lib... I just haven't tried that yet.

You only have to build one source file with -lib, not all of them.