On Thursday, 16 October 2014 at 21:23:09 UTC, Trass3r wrote:
What should I do? Am I stuck with not using -O and -inline for now, hoping that things will improve in the future?

Step 1) DustMite the heck out of it and create a bug report.
Step 2) Start using ldc/gdc for release build

I had planned to use GDC/LDC too, but GDC is 2.064, so no option for me. LDC is 2.065, that would still be ok for my program (although I've just updated my code to 2.066). I always use DMD for development (short compilation times), and even for release builds I use DMD, if I build the program in order to give it out for first tests. Andrei mentioned that DMD built programs are only around 10% slower than GDC/LDC builds, in many cases I can put up with that. So DMD should not have any serious issues with release builds, imo, even if alternatives exist.

Next time I'll use DustMite too, once I've learned how to use it properly. However, I managed to find the place where things went wrong quite fast by using the oldest and (sometimes still the best) debugging tool: inserting writeln() statements along the path of initializations/routines in the program.