On 12/8/2014 1:52 AM, deadalnix wrote:
On Monday, 8 December 2014 at 09:46:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I thought I could make this work, but it's a problem. There are two meanings
for scope when attached to a function:

    T func() scope;   // the 'this' pointer is 'scope'
    scope T func();   // the function returns a 'scope' T

I have some ideas, but don't particularly like any of them. But I don't want
to bias things, so what ideas do you guys have?

I'm arguing for ages that qualifier before the return type qualify the return
type, and the one after the implicit argument. I stand by this.

The trouble with that is, for example, __traits(getFuncAttributes, ...) which will return "scope" for both cases.