On 2014-12-10 18:43, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

That's why the current object file model doesn't work very well.

You'd have to extend the object file format to include compiler IR for
templates, then the compiler can instantiate templates from that IR
without needing access to the source. Which is a feature I've brought up
several times, but nobody seems to be interested in doing anything about
it.

Can't you just put it in a custom section? Or perhaps that what you're saying. Although, I'm not sure if OMF supports custom sections.

--
/Jacob Carlborg