On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:04:58 +0000
Paolo Invernizzi via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> Philippe Sigaud Excellent "D Templates: A Tutorial"...
> the MANTRA...
>
> "XXX templates are not XXXs, they are templates. With XXX being
> any of (function, struct, class, interface, union)."
and that still doesn't work. ;-)

as a somehow related example i recall my first expirience with C. my
first "serious" language was Pascal, and it has that nice range-checking
feature for arrays. it was very hard for me to understand that C has no
arrays at all, not to say range checking. why there is no arrays if i
have this nice indexing and all that?! what do you mean by that "buffer
overflow" nonsence? if it looks like an array it must be an array!