On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 21:23:07 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 21:10:15 +0000
bachmeier via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

That's not something we should assume a new D user will know. Someone with a few years of C++ experience will probably be okay, but that's kind of my point - the documentation shouldn't require that background. I can imagine someone seeing examples that use auto with ranges and then asking "Now what?" Those are the frustrations that make users give up on the language.
trying to use the language one didn't even bother to learn will
inevitably lead to frustration. first time i tried to use Forth was... painful. but it was Z80 machine and i have no other sane choices, so
now i love Forth.

The only reason to read documentation is to learn the language. Based on the responses to my post, it's becoming clear why D has a reputation for terrible documentation...