On 12/29/14 4:25 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/29/2014 8:51 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Monday, 29 December 2014 at 16:33:05 UTC, Joakim wrote:
If anybody cared about good Windows debugging support or getting vibe.d
working flawlessly on Windows, they'd have done it already.  Now,
Manu might
bring more attention to those issues through his post and someone may
decide
to work on them as a result- it has already spurred Walter to try and
improve
the phobos docs- which is why I have no problem with his criticism.

Criticism about documentation is actually very well-placed - it is an
issue that
affects everyone, can be fixed in small chunks and does not require
huge effort
investment for each chunk. No one loses, everyone wins, yay!

I am trying to lead by example, but so far I see only a couple pull
requests from others improving the Phobos docs.

C'mon, guys, most fixes are pretty trivial, it's just that there's a lot
of them. If everyone does one for a function they're already familiar
with, we can get a lot done.

I've also fixed a stray paren in std.algorithm
(https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2824), which was
diagnosed correctly every time the documentation was generated. During
doc generation there are also a bunch of warnings about undocumented or
mismatched params. It would be awesome if someone was on it.

I very much appreciate the folks who make it a point to contribute to
the github repos in addition to helping out people on the forums. I've
identified as a distinct task of mine for 2015 to improve my leadership
skills, starting with convincing someone to literally remove one
character :o).

Please, let's make the build of the documentation be an error on auto tester. I can say personally, there is so much more involved with building the docs than I care to deal with. You need all the repositories, and the dlang.org repository, which I rarely use. IIRC, you also need everything laid out in the right way to get that to work.

If the auto tester simply errored when the doc has issues, then at least someone would be aware of it.

-Steve