On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:18:56 +0000
Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> This is probably the most disgusting, selfish and deluded posts
> i've read on this entire newsgroup.
fsck. i was sure that this was written about me. i sucked again.

> If D is supposed to supplant C/C++, then the needs of those users
> *must* be met, especially without deriding those very users. Just
> because you work on the D ecosystem does not give you 'carte
> blanche' to tell a user to stop making enquiries into features
> that are promised by D.
but it gives! this is at least honest, unlike writing in bugzilla that
it is intended for patches and then telling "github or GTFO, nobody
will work with the code in bugzilla!" i prefer to read a honest truth,
not polite lies.

> The user is the entire goal of D!
i don't know what goal "D" has and how it can has any goals at all, but
now you are telling Dicebot that he must work *not* on what *he* wants,
but on something that some random user wants. more of it, you trying to
tell him that he should shut up. and all this without him even being
your employee. THIS is what i call "disgusting, selfish and deluded
post".

> > No, not really. Open source is about people working to fulfill
> > their own personal goals and not minding to share resulting
> > code if it doesn't mean much added effort. Only few care about
> > things like long-term success and only tiny minority will be
> > interested in working on ecosystem they don't use.
> With that paragraph, you've just dumped on Walter, Andrei's and
> all other open source contributor's efforts for the past n years!
and again... maybe i didn't understand you right and "This is probably
the most disgusting, selfish and deluded posts i've read on this entire
newsgroup" was about your post i'm answering to? but why plurar "posts"
then?

please, explain me, *whose* exactly post was "disgusting, selfish and
deluded"? 'cause now i'm completely lost.