On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:29:21 -0400, Don <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
[snip]
A bit of history: A macro system was planned for D2, and 'macro' was made a reserved word. But in discussions at the end of the first D conference, I demonstrated that the combination of CTFE + string mixins, even in D1, was dramatically more powerful than the proposed macros. It became clear that we didn't have a macro design that was anywhere near powerful enough, and macros were postponed to D3. We don't know how they should work.
By all means make a proposal.

About the only thing I find lacking today is the ability to do zero weight expression templates. I think fleshing out the alias keyword might do the trick (i.e. alias tuples + alias function parameters) but I haven't though it all through.