On 1/1/2015 12:04 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 19:57:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Is also hard to read. Yes, I'm being facetious, but take a look at those
examples posted here about how ugly Ddoc is - they're of that category.

The difference is the ddoc code posted here is copied verbatim from a real world
project, Phobos, even the standard library.

I know. But have you ever seen badly formatted C code? Do you conclude from that that C code is inherently ugly? Or do you say "hey, fix the formatting!"

Why the hell were they written that way in the first place? Beats the crap out
of me, but they ARE written that way...

Yep, and I've seen a lot of crappily formatted D code, too. That's pretty much died down in the Phobos submissions, because the reviewers won't allow it in. Little comparable attention, however, has been paid to the Ddoc style.

I did put to rights one of the posted examples:

  https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2828