On 1/2/15, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 1/2/2015 1:55 PM, Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Considering how much time one has to spend scratching their head what
>> type of a variable something is in Python, I think the *true slackers*
>> prefer statically typed languages. One hit of the compile button and
>> if it works you're 99% done already. :)
>

> Yeah, but notice the growing popularity of 'auto'!

I used to use auto a lot in the past, and for some things I still do.
But I've come to really appreciate code readability, there could be
any number of people reading the code that I write in the future
(including me!). Knowing at a glance what type some variable is makes
it easier to understand code.

auto still kicks ass of course, especially for ranges and template code.