On Tuesday, 6 January 2015 at 15:17:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
The "header" element belongs in a sectioning element

Right, DDOC_SECTION is a <section> and the first element of it that ddoc outputs is is a DDOC_SECTION_H - a section header. We could debate the specific contents of it, h1 works for me but i kinda think h1 should be the outer aggregate name and then h2 if it is a nested member... but regardless, ddoc doesn't let you change the macros based on nesting anyway, but it does have the concept of grouped sections with headers.