On Sunday, 11 January 2015 at 12:57:17 UTC, MattCoder wrote:

Since I'm relative new here, I want know from you agree with this statement:

"
[–]clay_davis_sheeit 4 points 17 hours ago*

get real. D is more dead now than it was a year ago. if you won't accept repo counts, look at how many people attended D con vs Gophercon "

I understand he's talking not about absolute numbers but about relative popularity/mindshare. And as other languages grow (like Rust) total mindshare of D might decrease. In some metrics absolute numbers also decrease. For example, compare these stats:
http://www.code2014.com/
http://code2013.herokuapp.com/