On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 16:23:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 1/18/15 2:36 AM, ponce wrote:
On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 10:27:43 UTC, aldanor wrote:
On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 10:16:15 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2015-01-18 03:18, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I took the better part of today working on this:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/780. See demo
at http://erdani.com/d/.

What do you all think? Is it an improvement over what we have now?

It looks absolutely horrible. It was way, way better before

On iPhone 6: D, Rust, Python, Ruby websites (Ruby being particularly
gorgeous and D looking particularly ancient and out of place):

http://imgur.com/7Vb2ynM
http://imgur.com/SGKUd2q
http://imgur.com/bXk1lf9
http://imgur.com/njSgbzW

Looks like tweets occupy valuable screen estate on this device.

Can we ditch the twitter div on mobile? (Pull request would be nice, thanks.) -- Andrei

This is usually solved by media queries / responsive design / grid frameworks, sorry if I'm stating the obvious :) Try resizing the commonly used websites and see what happens, e.g. for ruby-lang you have at least 3 "versions" which are selected automatically based on the current viewport's settings which the browser provides: http://imgur.com/a/gE38d

E.g. the menus on the left getting folded into one mobile "button" which expands them on demand and leaves more space for the actual content, or some elements disappearing in smaller viewports altogether (like the twitter feed div). This is quite a pain to manage manually without having an underlying grid framework.