On 27/09/2009 04:07, Walter Bright wrote:
Justin Johansson wrote:
Walter, in the heat of this thread I hope you haven't missed the
correlation with discussion
on "Dispatching on a variant" and noting:

Thanks for pointing it out. The facilities in D enable one to construct
a non-nullable type, and they are appropriate for many designs. I just
don't see them as a replacement for *all* reference types.

No one was claiming that.

to reiterate - non-null references are *not* a replacement for *all* reference types, they are just a better, safer *default*.

You can use nullable references when needed (that what all T? code snippets are all about) it just isn't the default.