On 1/22/15 11:10 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?= <ola.fosheim.grostad+dl...@gmail.com>" wrote:
On Thursday, 22 January 2015 at 14:07:31 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
resources) and everything works fine. And the runtime catches any
slips with an appropriate handling (abort instead of corrupt memory).

Runtime errors that could have been a compile time error should always
be caught at compile time. Spurious runtime errors are just as bad as
null pointer accesses.

Well, code that does not have errors should not be caught at compile time. I count writeln("in dtor") as one of them.

You may disagree, but we aren't making progress on this.

-Steve