On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 06:51:08PM +0000, Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Friday, 23 January 2015 at 21:56:59 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 09:20:10PM +0000, Zach the Mystic via
> >Digitalmars-d wrote:
> >[...]
> >>I have a basic suggestion on how to get started. Create a "Learning
> >>D" button and put it on the menu at left on the front page. On the
> >>page it links to, start by researching and listing every existing
> >>resource for learning D, in a "kitchen sink" kind of way. Now future
> >>contributors can know what already exists, and what doesn't. The
> >>importance of this list is that anyone wanting to help create new
> >>teaching aids can quickly get up to speed on the current state of
> >>affairs. They can feel assured that they're not duplicating anyone
> >>else's work. As the official list and accessible from the front
> >>page, it's more likely to be kept up to date. The point is that it
> >>serves double duty both as a treasure trove of learning links, and
> >>as a complete reference for future contributors. Destroy, please!
> >
> >Let's see the PR! ;-)

> Consider me destroyed! I mean to get started with it, but it'll take a
> week or so.

A week is a short time as far as D pull requests go. :-P

Also, incremental is the key. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
Start with a barebones skeletal version of what you envision. Make it
work, then submit the PR. Let others build upon it.

Indifference will certainly be the downfall of mankind, but who cares? --
Miquel van Smoorenburg