On Friday, 23 January 2015 at 18:00:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 1/23/15 9:03 AM, aldanor wrote:
[NB] SUGGESTION: initiate work on an Official Guide and keep it up to
date with the latest language features.

That would be fantastic, and something that might be parallelizable as well. Here's a related thought: I wonder what it would take to put together a nice slideshow-style progression, with editable code snippets and stuff. Then I'd be happy to work on the content. -- Andrei

What do you mean by a slideshow style progression? Would you have an example? I thought of something simple http://rustbyexample.com/ as a guideline, but hosted officially on dlang.org and being part of the website. Is that close?

/* don't worry much about implementing the cool client-side UI stuff if that's what you mean, whatever it is, it's all doable (or, in all likelihood, it has already been done in a form of some js library) and it normally only takes one person to integrate it it; writing a cohesive exciting (!) user guide though is a big undertaking and responsibility. As you said though, it can be highly parallelizable! */