On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 18:46:58 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 09:08:26 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2015-01-26 08:35, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

I think we should just import jquery into the dlang.org repo. External
dependencies always end up in these kinds of ugly situations.

The advantage of using a CDN is that browser will most likely already have loaded, in this case jQuery, from another page you already have visited.

Two thoughts.

1. You could have a special handling for China and other countries that ban google.

2. See here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1014203/best-way-to-use-googles-hosted-jquery-but-fall-back-to-my-hosted-library-on-go

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/847