On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 13:58:22 UTC, bearophile wrote:
The first one (the list comp) is Pythonic, and it's obviously the obvious one :-)

If you want/need to use numpy, the fourth is good.

No problems :-)

Ok, so we agree, but I think the obvious way if we forget about languages would be to combine range with element wise multiplication, e.g. "range(10) .* 0.1".

Good usability often means... stick to common conventions, but be internally consistent. Most language designs fail here by not caring enough for the know-how users bring to the table... :-/