On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 14:59:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Change has been reverted. -- Andrei

Thank you very much.

Just to be perfectly clear : I am not against consolidating attributes or even breaking things. Only thing I want is for such changes to be done _simultaneously_ with some more detailed rationale which can be linked from a changelog and would explain everyone outside of this NG what the change is about.

It is quite likely that trying to write such rationale will highlight more internal inconsistencies than any discussion could.