On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 23:22:34 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:54:27 +0000, Zach the Mystic wrote:

I think a keyword is a keyword is a keyword. If it's a keyword to the right it should be one everywhere. How is somethign that's a built-in attribute one place and an identifier in another not context sensitive.

yep. that is "slave to the machine" approach. i don't really care how
hard machine should work to understand what i want. ;-)

i.e. i can't see why i have to deal with problems of compiler/tool/editor author. it's easy -- at least in this case -- for human to see where keywords are keywords. machine can see that too with some analysis. yet somehow situation is horribly reversed: instead of machine helping me to do what i want, that's me who must obey the machine orders and do the
work that machine can do for me.

That is a retarded mindset. It is not about how hard it is for the machine, but for tool writer.

I know many people look down on java, but quite frankly, the tooling is just way better than pretty much anything else. One could argue this is because of corporate support, but other languages like C++ also have important corporate support. And still, C++ tooling mostly suck. Honestly, pretty anything except C# tooling suck in comparison.

The problem of the tool writer is your problem, because any tool that isn't written is work you need to yourself. And then who's the slave to the machine ?