On Saturday, 31 January 2015 at 01:07:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 1/30/15 3:49 PM, Foo wrote:
Is there interest in such a thing?
I'm currently working on something for my own use and I'm curious if
anyone else would be interested in something like that.
I'm aware of Unique, RefCounted, Scoped, emplace and so on, but I'm not a big fan of some implementations (in my opinion not much of it follows the KISS principle). Also, as far as I remember, RefCounted and Unique
are somewhat outdated.
As said I'm just curious and I'm aware that my code may be somewhat
un-phobos like.

My current stand is this: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/f1423322b7d5
Just to make it clear: m3 = manual memory management = mmm = m3

and here is some test code: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/026013fbe19f

I repeat: I know that I reimplement some logic like emplace and that my
version is shorter but maybe not quite correct/incomplete.

So why come with your own self-admitted incomplete/incorrect alternatives instead of adding/improving the standard ones? If something's there that shouldn't, remove it. I don't get this "I didn't get it so I'll redo it incompletely".
Too much and too long code. ;)
Sometimes it is better to see a new version from scratch to rethink old ones. ;) I'm not for removing them, I'm for rebuilding them. And a new version can bring new wind into the sails. That's why I'm presented my code here: for discussion. But that is not that important, my main target was the implementation of Unique and Shared. You can adapt them with minimal effort. But I'm quite sure that my 'make' function is not yet present in phobos. So, what do you think about discussing if and how my make, Unique and Shared could improve phobos.

And I'm also aware of std.allocator and so on, but that is something
different IMO.

Agreed.