On Saturday, 31 January 2015 at 09:24:21 UTC, user wrote:
I don't know, you sound like a perfectionist to me, like most of other community members. I can only give examples from my experience.

I judge exclusively by existing precedents and knowledge of D development process. DFL was officially endorsed at some point, it didn't make any difference. You hold an assumption that putting something in Phobos will oblige people to work on it further - but it doesn't work that way. We will simply have another bitrotting barely used Phobos package.

Only way to have long-living GUI package is getting critical mass of users and contributors for it. One doesn't need Phobos inclusion for that.