On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 at 22:10:51 UTC, Piotrek wrote:
Hi,

Abstract:

D Drafting Library is an official library modeled by the D community and designed to support the development process of the D Standard Library. The drafting library is coupled with the standard library and doesn't introduce any duplicated functionality. It should be used during the drafting stage of the new functionality development.

Link to the DIP:
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP73

and to the recent discussion for initial proposal:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/rwavdkzmkqxpldveu...@forum.dlang.org

Please comment, share your view and doubts. Don't hesitate to ask any question.

I tried to define the proposal to be almost non-intrusive for not interested developers.

I can handle point 3 and 4 from "Proposal implementation steps" section as a pull requests when proposal is accepted. Step 1 and 2 are trivial but can't be done by me as I'm not the person in charge.

Piotrek

This looks very similar to std.experimental. I originally thought that the difference between std.experimental and this library was going to be how it was used.

std.experimental:
   module that may become part of the standard libary later

your proposed library "mars"?:
modules that will probably not become a part of the standard library. They are "addons" to the standard library. i.e. Maybe you would like the SDL library, but it doesn't make sense to include in the standard library because it it not useful to everyone. For these kinds of libraries it would be nice to have a set of community supported libraries that shouldn't be in the standard library but are still useful to a subset of the community.

However, it appears that this proposal is just another version of std.experimental.