On 2/6/2015 5:13 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
So, to repeat my question: which one is it? Have you changed your mind, or are
there exceptions to the rules in the post you quoted?

It means that you, the programmer, have to decide whether it is environmental input validation or a logic error in your code.

Follow the rules:

1. exceptions are not for debugging the logic of your program
2. do not use exceptions to recover from logic bugs in your program

I have pontificated on this at GREAT length in multiple threads in this n.g. If it is still a mystery to you or anyone else, I give up. Keep in mind the levels of expertise:

newbie: follow the rules because you're told they're the right thing to do
master: follow the rules because you understand they're the right thing to do
guru: transcend the rules because you know when they don't apply