On Saturday, 7 February 2015 at 06:20:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/6/2015 9:49 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Friday, 6 February 2015 at 21:08:21 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
1. exceptions are not for debugging the logic of your program
2. do not use exceptions to recover from logic bugs in your program

OK, this is nothing new, but still doesn't answer my question.

You wrote "is clearly a program bug". Therefore use assert(). It's as simple as that.

OK, thank you. A few years ago you were recommending something else for this situation. We were in disagreement then, and I agree with your current opinion.