On Friday, 6 February 2015 at 23:02:54 UTC, Zach the Mystic wrote:
No, at least three of us, Steven, H.S. Teoh and myself have confirmed that we've moved beyond requesting @trusted blocks. We are no longer requesting them. We are requesting *@system* blocks, which can only appear in @trusted and @system functions. Any unsafe code appearing in a @trusted function which is not inside a @system block is an error. We've changed the name, but I think it will make a world of difference regarding how you will look at it. Marking '@system' code inside a @trusted function is exactly what is requested. Your message about '@trusted' being only acceptable as an interface has been heard. There will be no @trusted blocks, only @system blocks, which are the exact same thing, except they can only appear in @trusted and @system functions.

Also, to be clear, any @system block inside a @safe function is an automatic error.